1. Rules for AP are up, and we want to announce cash prizes for the Artistic Performance Division.
$750.00 for first place
$500.00 for second place
$250.00 for third place
Prize money donated by Todd Rywolt at Yomega, Andre Boulay at YoyoExpert, and Jack Finn at A2Z Science and Learning Store. Thank you so much!
Please thank these event sponsors when you see them in Orlando.
2. The rules for Sports String Tricks and Sport Looping Tricks as well as the Diabolo rules have been posted.
3. A bit of bad news. The Rosen Plaza Hotel was the last hotel on the strip that did not charge for parking. Apparently people from other hotels were clogging their lot to avoid their own hotels parking fees. Because of this they are now charging a daily parking fee, the fee is regularly $13.00, but if you are staying in the Rosen Plaza Hotel parking will be $5.00/day if you have registered under the worlds room block.
4. There are still rooms left in the Rosen. Remember you are not charged until a few days before the event, and you can cancel your reservation, so book your room now to make sure you have a room in the hotel for the event.
5. We still need Volunteers. Please contact us if you can help.
6. We need sports ladder judges, please also contact us. We have two open slots. We feed you if you are a judge. :) Breakfast and lunch.
7. A favor folks. I know that many of you are of drinking age, but we ask that alcohol is kept outside the hall. Last year late on Saturday night some folks left bottles all around the hall. The hotel pointed out that the insurance that we have does not cover drinking in the hall. It will increase the costs of worlds, and the price of admission if we have to get that kind of insurance. If you are legal, we are not saying don't drink in the hotel, just not in the hall, and please clean up after yourselves. The garbage can is not that far away. The attendees of the WYYC have been very good at preventing under age drinking, and we do appreciate that, but it is silly to have to raise prices on everyone when you can just go out by the pool or something. Thank you.
8. Mod Contest Rules will be posted soon, so will Top and Freestyle Rules.
9. If you have a national seed, please contact us. We are requiring that we know about seeds by July 15th if you want to use your seed.
10. If you need a letter of invitation or help with a visa, please contact us. We are here to give you these letters and to work from this side to help with your meeting at the consulate.
It's all coming together, and it's going to be a great time.
See you in Orlando, and good luck with your AP entry :)
Chairman 2012 World Yo-Yo Contest.