As part of the World YoYo Contest, we’re organizing two free guided tours just for WYYC attendees. If you’re interested in a bit of sight seeing, this is a perfect opportunity to see Prague and its hidden jewels. Both tours are going to be guided by Marie Kordovska, and she will focus on interesting bits of history and local lore which are not mentioned in the average guide book.
We are planning two tours: ESSENTIALS and OFF BEATEN TRACK.
Short, 3 to 4 hour walking tour focusing on the core Prague monuments. Including the Prague castle, Jewish Town, National Theatre, Old Town and Lesser Town.
MEETING PLACE: Náměstí Republiky / Republic Square. Next to the KOTVA shopping mall entrance. Wednesday 6th of August – 09:00 AM.
No need to RSVP for this tour, just show up at the meeting place!
OFF BEATEN TRACK:
Afternoon tour, partly done by public transport. This longer trip will include these locations:
- Vyšehrad, cemetery – oldest settlement in Prague
- Žižkov TV tower, 1920’s Church from an architect who was reconstructing the Prague Castle, Žižkov ghetto
- Wenceslass Square – Upside down horse, highway in the middle of the city (hard core Eastern Europe)
- Letná, Beer garden, Stalins monument
- Strahov – Enormous communist sports centre, views over Prague
- Smíchov ghetto – local cemetery, industrialisation in Prague
- Anděl – “the modern city” & The Dancing House
MEETING PLACE: in front of the Archa Theatre – Tuesday 5th of August 13:00 PM.