August 2nd, 3rd and 4th - 2012 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando Florida.
World Yo-Yo Champion
Our 2012 Winners. Videos coming soon.
1A Hiroyuki Suzuki Japan
2A Shu Takada Japan
3A Hank Freeman USA
4A Rei Iwakura Japan
5A Takeshi MAtsuura Japan
Sports Ladder Looping Tricks
(2S) Sports Looping Trick Division and
(2WS) Worlds Sports Looping Trick Division
Sports Looping Trick Rules:
* The 2S Sports division is open to any player not competing in any of the seven World Championship divisions.
* The 2WS Sports Division, which does not carry a world title, is open to contestants who have entered Single A, Double A, Triple A, Off-String, Counter-weight or AP.
* You may compete in both the 1S and 2S Sports divisions to qualify for the 'Best All Around' Sports Division Award.
* For the Sport Looping Trick ladder, one attempt per trick is allowed. One missed trick will be allowed on the ladder, the second miss retires the player from the ladder. The score will be based on the highest number trick completed, and the highest number first missed trick will be used as the tie breaker.
* The score for 'Best All Around' will be based on the combined highest number of tricks completed on both ladders, and the highest combined number of first missed tricks will be used as the tie breaker. On a perfect score of 25 the player is given the first miss score of 26.
* On ties where the players missed the same first trick, go back to that trick and start again. If still tied again, go back to the new first missed trick and start doubling reps when applicable. If the tied players miss the same trick, the player with the most reps wins.
* On a score of 25 with no misses, the tied players go back to trick 20 and double reps when applicable. If still tied at 25 again, the players will restart the ladder at trick 20 and redouble again when applicable. If the tied players miss the same trick, the player with the most reps wins.
* It is the player’s responsibility to be available if a tiebreaker is needed. If a player can not be found for a tiebreaker, then they forfeit.
* A trick is complete when the string is fully wound around the axle and back in the hand.
* On all tricks, the yo-yo may be returned to the Throwhand utilizing a bind if you so desire. An unsuccessful bind attempt will be considered a miss. The yo-yo must be caught with one hand, the hand that originally threw the yo-yo, and not trapped against the body. More than five inches of string remaining outside the yo-yo when caught is considered a miss. String misses or significant loss of control of a yo-yo will not be allowed on any tricks.
* A trick starts and finishes within the trick box. A player must keep feet planted on all tricks exceot trick number 22, Staircase. If a player's feet leave the trick box during trick it may be considered a miss.
* A throw made within the trick box counts as an attempt. Outside the trick box a player may only toss sleepers, forward passes, a few loops, a few hops and string trick adjustments. Except for these allowable adjustment tricks practicing a contest trick outside the trick box during the judging session is considered a miss.
* Any yo-yo may be used. A player may adjust the yo-yo and string. An unintentional broken or knotted string may be replaced. A yo-yo may not be dismantled during the judging session without the approval of the judge. You may change out a yo-yo only one time on this ladder. However, a judge has the discretion to allow replacement of a yo-yo if the yo-yo is unintentional damaged.
* You may not change out a yo-yo during the first 15 tricks of this ladder.
* After trick number 15, you may switch to to your two-hand yo-yos. However tricks 16-25 must be performed with the same pair of yo-yos. However a judge has the discretion to allow replacement of yo-yos if the yo-yos are unintentionally damaged.
Sports Looping Trick Awards:
Sports Looping Trick Awards will be given to the winners of the following age groups:
* 10 & under
* 45 & over.
* Higest Sports Looping Trick Score of All age group competitiors
* Higest combined Sports String Trick Score (1S) and Sports Looping Trick Score (2S) of all age group competitors will be given the 'Best All Around" age Group.
Worlds Sports Looping Trick awards will be given to the contestant with the hghest socre who as entered 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, or AP. Note that the winners of Worlds Sports Looping Trick Divsiion awards do not carry a world title.
* Highest Sports Looping Trick Score for all World Level Competitiors
* Highest combined Sports String Trick Score (1S) and sports Loopign Trick Score (2S) for all World Level Competitors will be given 'Best All Around' Worlds Sports Divisions Award.
1. Forward Pass:
Start with your Throwhand at your side with the palm of your Throwhand facing backward. Swing your arm forward and let the yo-yo drop out of your hand so the yo-yo goes straight out horizontally. As soon as the yo-yo reaches the end of the string pull the yo-yo back to your hand and catch the yo-yo.
2. Around the World:
Start with a Forward Pass motion but cause the yo-yo to sleep at the end of the string and continue to sleep at the end of the string while the yo-yo completes a full 360 degree rotation and catch the yo-yo.
Throw the yo-yo out to the Throwhand and cause the yo-yo to sleep at the end of the string. The yo-yo doesn't have to reach shoulder height on the throw but should reach the end of the string at or near a 45 degree angle formed by the string and vertical line of the body. Let the yo-yo continue to swing downward and then go halfway around the world. When the yo-yo reaches near shoulder high on the opposite side tug the string and catch the yo-yo.
4. Tidal Wave:
Throw a Sleeper and place your Freehand index finger behind the string in contact with the string and your Throwhand. Now pull down on the string with your Throwhand and in one continuous motion cause the yoyo to go over your Freehand index finger. As the yo-yo comes over your Freehand index finger throw it out with a flick of your wrist into a loop. Catch the yo-yo as it returns back to your hand.
5. Inside Loops (3 Reps):
Start with a Forward Pass throw but do not catch the yo-yo as it returns. Instead, guide the yo-yo back out with a flick of your wrist on the inside of your arm. At this point you have completed one rep. Perform two or more additional reps and catch the yo-yo.
6. Outside Loops (5 Reps):
Similar to Inside Loops but the yo-yo goes over the wrist to the outside on each flick of the wrist. Perform five or more reps and catch the yo-yo.
7. Time Warp:
Throw an Around the World and as the yo-yo tries to return to your hand do not catch it. Instead, using a Punching Bag motion, regenerate into a retro Around the World and catch the yo-yo after a full rotation back to a Sleeper. (Note that as shown in the video you can let the yo-yo sleep at the end of the Around the World before punching into the retro Around the World.)
8. Hop the Fence (10 Reps):
Throw yo-yo down with a Gravity Pull motion. As the yo-yo comes back up the string let it hop over the palm of your Throwhand sending it back down with a roll of your wrist. At this point you have completed one rep of Hop the Fence. Complete nine or more additional reps and catch the yo-yo.
9. Planet Hop (3 Reps):
This trick starts just like Hop the Fence but as the yo-yo returns let it hop over the top of your Throwhand and downward towards your body as the yo-yo returns again let it hop outward over the top of your Throwhand and back down. At this point you have completed one rep of Planet Hop. Complete two or more additional reps and catch the yo-yo. Note that this trick is like an upside down Reach for the Moon.
10. Sidewinder Inside and Outside:
This trick is performed in two parts, consisting of an Inside Sidewinder and an Outside Sidewinder in the order of your choice. Throw a Sleeper and move your Throwhand to one side as you tug on the string to make it return. As the yo-yo returns it should corkscrew because your hand is off to one side and not directly above the yoyo. The corkscrewing will either tighten or loosen the string. As the yo-yo gets even with your Throwhand catch the yo-yo to the side. Repeat this trick to the other side.
11. Warp Drive (3-Regens):
Throw a Forward Pass and as the yo-yo returns towards your Throwhand regenerate into an Around the World. As the yoyo returns towards your hand, regenerate again into a second Around the World. Regenerate one more time and catch the yo-yo after the third Around the World.
12. Reach for the Moon (5 Reps):
Start with an upward Forward Pass type throw and as the yo-yo returns towards your Throwhand let the yo-yo loop under your wrist and shoot straight upward. As the yo-yo comes back down throw the yo-yo outward with a looping action along the same path as the original upward Forward Pass throw. At this point you have completed one rep of Reach for the Moon. Complete four or more additional reps and catch the yo-yo.
13. Inside Outside Loops (10 Reps):
Start with an Inside loop and as the yo-yo returns cause the yo-yo to loop to the outside of your Throwhand. This completes one rep of the trick consisting of one Inside loop followed by one Outside loop. Continue alternating between Inside/Outside loop until you have completed ten or more reps and catch the yo-yo.
14. Vertical Punches (10 Reps):
Your may throw the yo-yo directly up into Vertical Punches or you may also start with a Reach for the Moon start and commence the Vertical Punches as the yo-yo starts its vertical loop around your Throwhand. Perform ten or more reps and catch the yo-yo.
15. Punching Bag (10 Reps):
You may start this trick with Hop the Fence and work up into Punching Bag or immediately start with Punches that are all between 45 degrees and 135 degrees of vertical. Perform ten or more reps and catch the yo-yo.
16. 2-hand Loops (10 Reps):
Perform 10 or more reps of Inside Loops with each hand and catch both yo-yos. The loops may be performed simultaneously or alternately. The count starts on the second hand completing a loop.
17. Milk the Cow (10 Reps):
Perform 10 or more reps of Hop the Fence with each hand and catch both yo-yos. The hops may be performed simultaneously or alternately. The count starts on the second hand completing a hop.
18. Ride the Horse (10 Reps):
This trick is performed by doing Inside Loops with one hand while performing ten or more reps of Hop the Fence with the other hand. You may start the loops first and then start the hops or you can start both yo-yos at the same time. The count will be on the hops after looping has commenced.
19. Loops and Reach for the Moon (10 Reps):
This trick is performed by doing Inside Loops with one hand while performing ten or more reps of Reach for the Moon with the other hand. You may start the loops first and then start the Moons or you can start both yo-yos at the same time. The count will be on the Moons after looping has commenced.
20. 2-hand Vertical Punches (10 Reps):
You may start by throwing the yo-yos directly upward into Vertical Punches or you may start them from a Forward Pass/Reach for the Moon start. Perform 10 or more reps of Vertical Punches with each hand and catch both yo-yos. The punches may be performed simultaneously or alternately. The count starts on the second hand completing a Vertical Punch.
21. Sword and Shield (3 Reps):
This trick must start with an Around the World and end after at least three worlds. The loops must start during the first world and at least one loop must pass through the trajectory of each of the three (or more) worlds. If one or more additional worlds are thrown, at least one loop must pass through the trajectory of each additional world.
This trick starts with three or more reps of Milk the Cow in front, or to one side, and works its way up into Vertical Punches while the player rotates a full 360 degrees. After both feet are planted, perform three or more reps of Vertical Punches and catch both yo-yos.
23. Kurukuru Milk (5 Reps):
You may start this trick with one or more reps of Milk the Cow and move into wrist-roll Milk the Cows or you may start immediately with wrist-roll Milk the Cows. Once your wrists are rolling over each other, perform five or more reps of wrist-roll Milk the Cows and catch both yo-yos. Alternately, after the five reps are completed, you may move out of the wrist roll cows, back to be Milk the Cows, and then catch both yo-yos.
24. One Hand Arm Wraps (3 Loop Wraps):
Start with 3 or more reps of two hand loops. Transition one yo-yo into Around the World and wrap around the looping arm after the first World and perform 3 or more "loop wraps" with the wrap hand going under and over the loops, then transition back into two hand loops and perform 3 or more reps before catching the yo-yos.
25. 2-handed Reach for the Moon (10 Reps)
Trick consists of performing Reach for the Moon with both hands at the same time. The Moons may be performed simultaneously or alternately. If one hand starts first the count will be on the second hand. Perform 10 reps and then catch both yo-yos.