2008 World Yo-Yo Contest Mod Contest
A contest for the best modified or home-made yo-yo
- All entries must be submitted for judging at the event no later than 3:00 PM Thursday, July 31st, 2008; Entries should be turned in at the registration desk;
- Only one (1) entry per person, and the entry must have been modded/made by only one person;
- Entries may be by proxy (Someone else can bring your yo-yo, you need not be at the world yo-yo contest to enter; however the person entering the yo-yo on your behalf must be familiar enough with the yo-yo and it's maker/modder to answer basic questions about the yo-yo);
- All entries must be in a small bag or box and have the name, address, and e-mail if available of the person entering;
- Written descriptions detailing the features of the yo-yo are encouraged (if the judges can't figure out what you've created, or all the important aspects thereof, it's your fault, not the judges');
- The judging/scoring will be on a 0 to 100 point scale (with 100 points being the highest possible score per judge).
The criteria will be as follows:
- Innovation and creativity (including creative use of materials) = 0 - 30 points
- Quality, fit & finish, and visual & artistic appeal = 0 - 40 points
- "Playability" = 0 - 30 point
* This year, awards will be given for the best homemade/scratch built entry, the best modded yo-yo (approximately 75 percent of parts must come from existing production yoyos), and an overall winner.
Eric Wolff, Dave Schulte, Bill De Boisblanc, Alan Gray, Kyle Weems and a player(s) to be named at a later date.